“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time, they have the heart.” - Elizabeth Andrew
Volunteer - Lend a Hand
- Christian Teen Mentors for the Peer 2 Peer Army. Learn More…
- Volunteers and Coordinators for Turning Point Program. Learn More…
- Christian Adult Mentors for the Turning Point Program. Learn More…
- Volunteers and Coordinators for the Teen Straight Path. Learn More…
- Volunteers and Coordinators for Kids with Character. Learn More…
- Volunteers and Coordinators for the Peacemaker Program. Learn More…
- Volunteers and Coordinators for Healing Hearts Journey. Learn More…
- Volunteers to be prayer partners.
- Volunteers and Coordinators for GED program.
- Volunteers to do clerical and secretarial work.
- Volunteers and Coordinators to help with fundraising.
- Volunteer presenter for the Turning Point Program. Learn More…
- Volunteers with media background.
- Volunteers for advertising.
- Volunteers to dispense literature to hospitals, churches, stores, etc.
How to Become a Volunteer
Living Free knows that every single life holds value and every volunteer who helps others is valued. To become a Living Free volunteer the following qualifications are needed:
- Volunteers must have a desire to serve God and others.
- Volunteers must have empathy towards those who struggle with addiction and may have psychological issues.
- Volunteers must abide by all policies and procedures established by the organization and the laws of West Virginia.
- Volunteers must be free of all addictions of any kind.
- Volunteer must pass a background check.
- Volunteers must provide Living Free with requested reports of service and other records.
- Volunteers must have a sincere respect for people of different Christian faith traditions.
- Volunteers must sign a statement of faith that acknowledges that you are a Christian and that you know this is a Christian organization.
- Volunteers with a history of drug addiction must be clean for at least 2 years prior to joining and attend church on a regular basis.
- Volunteers must recognize that this is a Christ-centered drug addiction alternative, but we do not discriminate against anyone by reason of age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, creed, national origin, or socioeconomic status.
- Volunteers must go through the required training and testing.