HEART 2 HEART VOLUNTEERS
Doggies and Kitties for Christ
Doggies and Kitties for Christ is a pet therapy program whose purpose is as follows:
- Making a difference in the lives of people who are need of love, hope, and compassion by using our beloved family dogs and cats to break down barriers of communication.
- Letting our pets become “Jesus’s little fur disciples.” Then at the end of the visit, we leave a prayer or scripture passage to encourage and comfort them.
Becoming a Doggies and Kitties for Christ Servant
As a volunteer you are required to:
1) Have a pet health certificate completed by your veterinarian and returned to us before you begin any visitations.
2) Agree to wear a Heart 2 Heart volunteer logo on either shirt or tag.
3) Sign and return a release of liability form.
4) Provide the AKC Good Citizen certification or approved therapy dog certification.
5) Agree, as appropriate, to listen to your patients and offer to share God’s love and hope.
6) Have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. (John 3:16)
7) Complete and submit the Doggies and Kitties for Christ Application.
Volunteer Application Forms
Volunteer Doggies Questionnaire
Volunteer Kitties Questionnaire
Doggies Statement/Release Form
Kitties Statement/Release Form
Doggies & Kitties Health Certificate